Man injured in Moyale protests succumbs to injuries

A man who was injured during recent riots in Moyale, Marsabit county died while undergoing treatment, police have said.

Mohamed Hadi reportedly sustained serious head injuries during unrest.

According to the police, on May 17, good samaritans rushed him to Moyale Sub-County Referral Hospital for treatment.

Due to the severity of his injuries, he was referred to Awasa Hospital where he was admitted in critical condition before being transferred to Takwa Hospital in Moyale Township for specialised care.

Police said Hadi succumbed to the injuries on Sunday mid-morning while receiving treatment at the facility.

His body was moved to the Moyale Sub-County Mortuary awaiting a postmortem examination as investigations into the incident continue.

Property of unknown value was destroyed during the protests in the town over among others, a proposed government structure at a disputed boundary between Marsabit and Wajir counties.

The project was later suspended for further consultations, officials said. This was after a high level consultation led by interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen.

Officials have linked the opposition to the project to among others bad politics and ongoing war on human and drug trafficking in the region at large.

And a 35-year-old man was found unconscious on the balcony of a residential building in Huruma, Nairobi, before he was pronounced dead at hospital.

According to the police, the incident was reported on May 17, 2026, by a health promoter who said the victim had been discovered lying unconscious on the second-floor balcony of a three-storey building.

The woman alerted an ambulance from Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), which rushed the victim to hospital for treatment.

However, he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police officers who visited the scene identified the deceased as Wilson Muthama, a resident of Mbuthia area in Huruma.

Preliminary examination of the body revealed that he had a swollen head, while blood was oozing from his mouth and nostrils, raising suspicion of a possible assault or fall.

Crime scene officers documented and processed the scene as investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death got underway.

The body was moved to the Nairobi Funeral Home awaiting postmortem examination.

Police said they are investigating murder in the incident.

 

by CYRUS OMBATI

More From Author

China confirms it will buy 200 Boeing jets after Trump-Xi summit

Implement menstrual hygiene laws to end period poverty, government told

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *